This semester, we joined forces in order to stretch our thinking and create a blended learning prototype for grade 2 students.
The journey was a long, hard, rocky one, with many ups, downs and even a few ‘AHAs’!
In the beginning, we knew we wanted to focus on younger students, so we set our sights on Grade 2.
Which learning management system was best for our prototype was a question that we spent a lot of time considering and debating, before we eventually settled on Weebly.
This decision ultimately led us to our Grade 2 Science Weebly page.
Within our Weebly, you will find a Course overview page which discusses our rationale as well as how we expect the course would run.
The development of this course did not come easily, and we had many discussions surrounding things such as:
- Was it important to implement an LMS system with grade 2?
- Blended Learning In a Primary Classroom – Is it possible?
- We Pick Weebly
- Do I have an appropriate definition of Blended learning?
- Intentional Teaching Practice
- How will our students interact?
- The Making of a Blended Learning Community for Primary Students
- What have we overlooked?
- Prototype Overview
Below you will find our responses to the feedback we received: